What is Consciousness Work?
The Beauty of Increasing Consciousness
The beauty of working to increase the depth of our Consciousness is that it provides a means to investigate the very processes by which we perceive.
In our experiential inquiry we use facilitated dialogues, interactive exercises, diads, communication, guided meditations, contemplation, and other means to investigate, confront, study, and experience subjects ranging from the nature and purpose of a self or the design and structure of mind and perception, to effective communication, the nature of intention, or the absolute nature of Being. Our ontological approach is one of rolling up the sleeves and diving into our experience to investigate through a variety of methods and discover what it is all about.
Consciousness is at the source of everything we do and are. It is the first and most essential aspect of “being”, and yet we seldom venture to look into the source of consciousness itself.
Consciousness Work Principles and Essentials
Our central goal is to personally and consciously experience what ever is true about existence that includes the true nature of the existence of self, life, reality, and every aspect of experience.
- Toward that end honesty, including self-honesty, is essential.
- Personal and active participation is essential.
- A commitment to the truth is essential.
- Real wonder, curiosity, and questioning are essential.
- Embracing and accepting the possibility that you can personally and directly experience whatever is true, beyond personal bias or filters, is essential.
Benefits of Consciousness Work
- Enlightenment. A Direct Consciousness of your true Nature
- Freedom and Empowerment
- Personal Transformation
- Greater Joy and Happiness
- A Life of Integrity, Honesty, and Clarity
- Greater Consciousness
- Learning how to learn
- Increased Skill
- More effective Communication
- New and creative possibilities for life and relationship, thought and perception.
Join a local community
An increasing consciousness group is a 20 week course that is offered for those who are interested in participating in consciousness work at an entry level. They meet once a week and participate in dialogue, lecture, and diad practices (conversations between two people.) to facilitate personal growth and an increase in consciousness.
Join a live workshop!
The best way to get the most out of the consciousness work that is available is to sign up for a workshop. In a workshop setting you get live exposure to a trained facilitator which is much different then trying to learn on your own via dvd or e course. There are workshops held in many parts of the world.